DBU (Distance between Us) Ch 1-10 Reading and Discussion

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  E.S.L. 006A – Writing and Grammar  »  Discussions  »  DBU (Distance between Us) Ch 1-10 Reading and Discussion

No Answers We dont have answer to this question yet.  If you need help with your homework send us an email or chat with our tutors

DBU (Distance between Us) Ch 1-10 Reading and Discussion

Question

DBU (Distance between Us)   Ch 1-10 Reading and Discussion

QUESTION TO ANSWER:

• On page 163 of The Distance between Us, we read about Reyna going to her neighbor’s house after school instead of being allowed to play outside because of the danger. She starts to get sad and miss Mexico. She writes, “would it be so terrible to be sent back? Even though I liked this beautiful place, I still missed my home. It still called me in different ways” (163). She describes the sounds and smells that remind her of Mexico. Then she writes about a hypothetical situation using a conditional form by writing, “if I returned to Mexico, then I could see my little sister, my mother, and my sweet grandmother again. I would also get to keep my two last names. I would be in a classroom where I understood what my teacher said.”
  • Have you had this kind of moment in the US? Or if you have not, do you know someone who has/ What kinds of things would have happened if you (or the person who you are thinking of) had gone back to your country when you had those thoughts? Use at least 2 conditional sentences to answer, and underline them.
  • What do you think would have happened to Reyna if she had told her father she wanted to go back to Mexico at this point in the story? Use at least 2 conditional sentences to answer, and underline them.
We don’t have answer to this question yet.If you need help with your homework send us an email at or chat with our tutors
This question is taken from E.S.L. 006A – Writing and Grammar » Fall 2020 » Discussions