Chapter 3 Review Homework Question 26

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Math 227 – Statistics  »  Chapter 3 Review Homework  »  Chapter 3 Review Homework Question 26

No Answers We dont have answer to this question yet.  If you need help with your homework send us an email or chat with our tutors

Chapter 3 Review Homework Question 26

Question

Chapter 3 Review Homework

Which of the accompanying boxplots likely has the data with the larger standard deviation? Why?

Choose the correct answer below.

1. Boxplot II likely has the data with the larger standard deviation because the boxplot appears to have a greater​ spread, which likely results in a larger standard deviation.
  2. Boxplot I likely has the data with the larger standard deviation because the IQR is smaller than that of Boxplot​ II, which likely results in a larger standard deviation.
  3. Boxplot II likely has the data with the larger standard deviation because the median is less than the median of Boxplot​ I, which likely results in a larger standard deviation.
  4. Boxplot I likely has the data with the larger standard deviation because the values associated with Boxplot I are larger than the values associated with Boxplot​ II, which likely results in a larger standard deviation.

We don’t have answer to this question yet.If you need help with your homework send us an email at or chat with our tutors
This question is taken from Math 227 – Statistics » Summer 2021 » Chapter 3 Review Homework