Homework 1.3

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Math 260 – PreCalculus  »  Homeworks  »  Homework 1.3

No Answers We dont have answer to this question yet.  If you need help with your homework send us an email or chat with our tutors

Homework 1.3

Question

Homework 1.3

1.  Fill in the blanks.  The imaginary unit i is defined as i =​_______, where

i2

=​_______.

2.  Decide whether the given statement is true or false. If​ false, correct the right side of the equation.

16·36= 24

Select the correct choice below​ and, if​ necessary, fill in the answer box to complete your choice.

1. The given statement is false. The correct right side of the equation is _____   (Simplify your answer. Type your answer in the form a+bii. Type an exact​ answer, using radicals as​ needed.)
  2. The given statement is true.

3. Decide whether the given statement is true or false. If false, correct the right side of the equation.

i52=1

Select the correct choice below​ and, if​ necessary, fill in the answer box to complete your choice.

1. The given statement is false. The correct right side of the equation is _____  (Simplify your answer. Type your answer in the form a+bii.  Type an exact​ answer, using radicals as​ needed.)
  2. The given statement is true.

4.   Identify the number as​ real, complex, pure​ imaginary, or nonreal complex.​ (More than one of these descriptions may​ apply.)

8.  Select all descriptions that may apply.

1. Pure imaginary
  2. Nonreal complex
  3. Complex
  4. Real

5. Write the number as the product of a real number and i

6.  Write the number as the product of a real number and

7.  Divide.

8.  Find the quotient.

9. Divide.

10.  Write the number in standard form.

2+82

11. Write the number in standard form.

We don’t have answer to this question yet.If you need help with your homework send us an email at or chat with our tutors
This question is taken from Math 260 – PreCalculus » Fall 2021 » Homeworks