Family Interview Assignment

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Communication 356 – Intercultural Communication  »  Assignments  »  Family Interview Assignment

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Question

For this assignment you will write and create a 2–3-minute video performance that answers the question, “What is the story of your family and education?”

Questions you may want to consider when working on this mini performance:

• Many CSUN students are first generation college students. Think about how powerful that is.  Many of you in this class are the first people in the history of your family to go to university.  What does that mean to you?
  • Many of us were told throughout childhood that “you have to go to college” but were given little or no preparation for how to navigate a huge place like CSUN.
    • Do you find yourself in survival mode here?
    • Are you thriving?
    • What would it take for you to thrive at CSUN?
  • What does getting a college education actually mean to you?
  • What does it mean for your family, for your community?

The Script/Production Concept

Script- is an outline and a word for word script of what you are saying in your performance

Production Concept- describe how you are going to shoot your video performance.  It can be as straight forward as “I am opening my laptop and am going to film the story of my birth like a VLOG.”  If it a bit more elaborate, then just explain what you are doing.  For example, “For this mini performance I am going to interview the person that I learned my birth story from and make an edited 3-minute video.”

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Communication 356 – Intercultural Communication » Fall 2021 » Assignments