Ecological Model – Due Wednesday, January 12th

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Child Development 142 – Child, Family and Community  »  Discussion  »  Ecological Model – Due Wednesday, January 12th

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Ecological Model – Due Wednesday, January 12th

Question

In this chapter you read about Urie Bronfenfrenner’s ecological model:

Referencing each system, the micro, the meso, the exo, the macro and the chrono systems, please describe how you were affected by changes in your systems throughout your childhood. 

For example – my father’s work (exo) caused our family to have to move to New Jersey which changed my peers, school, church and community (micro) and now my family no longer had a long history with my school (meso). Because we moved within the same country, and to a similar neighborhood economically and culturally, the overall political system and cultural norms did not change. (macro), etc. Our moving was a large event that affected my life (chrono).

• Please use at least four examples from your childhood. Describe how the example from your childhood is an example of each of the systems you’re discussing.
  • Discuss how you think the experiences you described have affected the adult you have become or are becoming.

Finally, please respond to the posts of at least two classmates:

• Did their connections between the different systems and their experiences make sense to you?
  • Compare their examples to your own.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Child Development 142 – Child, Family and Community » Winter 2022 » Discussion