Family Systems

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Child Development 142 – Child, Family and Community  »  Discussion  »  Family Systems

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Family Systems

Question

In the readings this week the author discusses the family systems theory. Please reread that section. In your answers, please refer directly to the readings. Please respond to the following:

• What was your role in your family?
  • What were the rules and the expectations for you as part of your family system?

Please respond to the posts of your classmates:

• Can you relate at all to their role in their family?

A brief sample of my response (not a full response – just some examples to get you going):

One example of my role was that of the youngest child. I was seen as the one that everyone needed to care for and look out for.  For rules and expectations, these grew and changed as I did. The expectations were that I would do well in school, help clean in the house, participate in family events, hold in my emotions – never show strong anger or sadness. Some of the rules were that I was forbidden to be at a friend’s house if their parent weren’t home (I’m not sure why, but that rule was so strongly stated that it’s the biggest one I remember). As I grew into an adolescent, my parents and my siblings all supported me as I made the typical stumbles of a teenager. The rules grew stricter as I made poor choices and they loosened as I proved more trustworthy. 

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Child Development 142 – Child, Family and Community » Winter 2022 » Discussion