Discussion of STATUS ANXIETY Causes I. & II. – Status Anxiety Cause 2

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  English 104 – Argumentation and Critical Thinking  »  Discussion  »  Discussion of STATUS ANXIETY Causes I. & II. – Status Anxiety Cause 2

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Discussion of STATUS ANXIETY Causes I. & II. – Status Anxiety Cause 2

Question

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iipn6yM43sM&t=54s

After watching the video, post a reply of 200 words minimum  that addresses the following questions: 

According to de Botton, what may be the predominant impulse for our desire to rise in the social hierarchy? How is the “leaking balloon” an appropriate metaphor for our ego?  Have you ever experienced “status anxiety” yourself, or observed it others?  Give an example.  Do you believe this condition was caused by “lovelessness” or “expectation?” Explain. 

Then continue the discussion by posting responses (150 words)  to at least TWO threads by other classmates in your discussion group.

Respond back to one of your peer’s replies to you (minimum 75 words).

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from English 104 – Argumentation and Critical Thinking » Winter 2022 » Discussion