6.5. Ethos, Pathos and Logos

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Communication 101 – Public Speaking  »  Discussion  »  6.5. Ethos, Pathos and Logos

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

6.5. Ethos, Pathos and Logos

Question

Persuading people is all about the relationship you have with your audience. There is a great deal of ethical responsibility in persuasive speaking because you are attempting to change your audience’s behavior. The heart of persuasive speaking is Ethos (speaker credibility), pathos (appeal to emotion) and logos (appeal to logic.) Before we get to the persuasive assignment, I want all of you to understand these concepts so you can apply them ethically to your persuasive speech. 

Watch my video on ethos, pathos and logos: 

At one point in the video I talk about Ethos as a habit. 

For this discussion you are to 1. Explain what habits you regularly engage in that help you earn credibility,  2. explain at least one habit you need to develop to enhance your credibility, and 3. respond to two other posts from your peers.  I want you to critically examine your behavior, because dong do will make you more credible and ethical in the future. 

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Communication 101 – Public Speaking » Winter 2022 » Discussion