Extra Credit: Film Review Discussion on Athens: the Truth About Democracy Part I

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  History 001 – Introduction to Western Civilization I  »  Discussion  »  Extra Credit: Film Review Discussion on Athens: the Truth About Democracy Part I

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Extra Credit: Film Review Discussion on Athens: the Truth About Democracy Part I

Question

In this extra credit discussion we will review the  47.55 minute You Tube video on Athens The Truth about Democracy Part 1Dawn of Democracy Title 2  found at:

Link (Links to an external site.)

Make sure you have read pp. 54-57 in Chapter 2 and read the “Democracy in the City-State of Athens” part of the power point before writing your review.  The extra credit assignment is worth 5 points. 

Instructions:

Once you have read pp. 68-70 in the textbook and the “Democracy in the City-State of Athens” part of the power point, and watched the video, post your film review making sure to also include responses to the following questions:

1. What is the main argument, purpose, or point of the film?
  2. What sources are used? (This may include artifacts, documents, diaries, photographs, or testimony of experts.)
  3. What did you learn from viewing the film?
  4. Did the film help to explain the democratic process in Athens?
  5. What did you like about the film?
  6. What did you not like about the film?
  7. What else needs to be added to the film to accurately explain the democratic process in Athens?
  8. Should the film be viewed in future History 1 classes?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from History 001 – Introduction to Western Civilization I » Spring 2022 » Discussion