Success Strategies Discussion

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  English 1010 – Composition and Rhetoric  »  Discussion  »  Success Strategies Discussion

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Success Strategies Discussion

Question

After you finish the Success Strategies Inventory, review your results.  Then do parts A, B, and C of this discussion. 

1. Pick at least threestrategies from the Inventory that you don’t use regularly.  How might you change your habits so that you start using those three strategies more regularly?  You might write your first strategy like this:

Starting on Monday, I will go to my computer right after supper and check my grades and feedback for every class I am taking.  My goal for doing this is to make sure that I know how I am doing in my classes so that I can plan my time for the next week.  <<Don’t forget to include three strategies.>>

1. End your discussion post with a question for other students.  You might do it like this:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good app to help me memorize new terms in this class?

C.Read your peer’s posts and provide an answer to at least one peer’s question.  You might write it like this:

Hi, Kim.  I have used Vocabulary.com to learn terms.  You can create your own list of words to study, and the app will quiz you on those terms.

You may be asked to do this assignment in more than one CSM course this semester.  This is worthwhile because your answers may be different for each class and you may get extra helpful advice about your new strategies from students in both classes.

Goals

1. To set goals for attempting to employ new strategies.
  2. To gather success strategy tips from your peers.
  3. To share success strategy tips with your peers.

Timing

Your own post should take about 20 minutes to complete because you will be writing 7-10 sentences.  If you do it in 10 minutes, double check to make sure your answers are complete.  Don’t spend more than 30 minutes on your post. 

Your replies should take about 5 minutes. Make sure that you use complete sentence.

Contact me if you are stuck.

Resources Needed

No outside resources are needed; however, you might do a little research in order to answer a peer’s question.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from English 1010 – Composition and Rhetoric » Spring 2022 » Discussion