7.0: Term Paper Topic – Becoming a mini-expert in Gerontology

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Psy 365 Introduction to Gerontology  »  Discussion  »  7.0: Term Paper Topic – Becoming a mini-expert in Gerontology

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

7.0: Term Paper Topic – Becoming a mini-expert in Gerontology

Question

We have overviewed many topics in gerontology and the term paper is your chance to drive into something you are extremely interested in.

The main goal is to become a “mini-expert” and be able to say…yeah I took a gerontology course and did an extensive literature review on XXXX.

I want to make sure your questions are narrowed down to be “answerable” to an extent with scientific evidence. THIS IS NOT JUST GOOGLEin STUFF. There need to be SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE and BACKING — via empirical, peer-review studies. I will go through the process in class.

Some Sample TOPICS people have selected (these are just examples, you SHOULD NOT JUST CHOOSE THEM)

1) What are the top three early activities that help build resilience to Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias later in life?

2) What are the top three factors that predict who experiences a Quarter or Midlife Crisis?

3) What is the two top predictors of who retires well?

4) Why are the factors linked to why, on average, religious people experience greater quality of life than non-religious people?

5) Does learning Spanish help lessen the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease?

6) Which state is the best (quality of life) to die in?

7) What socioeconomic factors (pick either income, education, or job prestige) are linked to happiness in later life?

Make sure your topic is NOT TOO BROAD–like what is Alzheimer’s Disease? or why do people die?

This discussion will be the jumping point to get at all of your interests. Check out the syllabus for more details on the paper requirements and due date.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Psy 365 Introduction to Gerontology » Spring 2022 » Discussion