Cultural Wheel Introductions!

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  CABOT 105 – Introduction to Office Correspondence  »  Discussion  »  Cultural Wheel Introductions!

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Cultural Wheel Introductions!

Question

Introductions: Discussion 1

40 points

Frequently, I take courses to work on my career expertise, just as you are. We are all in this – (the experience of life) – together! Arnita Porter is a lawyer and the instructor for a course on Equity and Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning. This was the course’s Introduction Discussion, which I found so rich and wanted to share it with you! So here goes ….

Discussion Prompt: Our Culture teaches us “who we are” through its different dimensions. As we grow up, we are taught what it means to be a man or a woman, for example, and the role expected of the individual. In the Cultural Wheel you will find the core dimensions that shape our sense of ourselves (age, gender, economic background, for example) and the secondary dimensions of culture that further influence our expectations for ourselves and for others. Taken together, this is how we “see ourselves” and “how we see others” … We use this filter developed as a result of the dimensions of culture to look from the inside of ourselves out onto others and the world around us.

How do you see yourself? Choose 5 aspect of the Cultural Wheel that are most meaningful to you and write a story of how you see yourself based on the dimensions of culture (2 paragraphs, no more). Copy your story into the Discussion forum (25 points) and then reply to at least three peers (5 points), addressing the person by first name and providing meaningful feedback. Discussion response due Friday, February 25th and 3 replies due by Sunday, February 27th. 

How do I see my Rubric as a student? (Links to an external site.) 

How do I reply to a discussion as a student? 

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from CABOT 105 – Introduction to Office Correspondence » Spring 2022 » Discussion