Frankenstein Letters I-IV and Book 1 Chapters I-III Discussion

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Humanities 105 – The Human Struggle  »  Discussion  »  Frankenstein Letters I-IV and Book 1 Chapters I-III Discussion

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Frankenstein Letters I-IV and Book 1 Chapters I-III Discussion

Question

Let’s get into some crucial textual evidence from Frankenstein!

Pick ONE of the topics below to respond to. by 11:59PM on Thursday, March 17th.  Then post a response to at least two classmates’ post on a different topic by 11:59PM on Sunday, March 20th.  In your response to your peer you should make sure that you respond by including a quotation that you also thinks to their argument.  You can also suggest what you think are the positive points of their argument and where you think they might need to push further.

• Looking at Robert Walton’s letters to his sister Mrs. Saville, especially letters 1 and II find the best quote which describes Walton’s view of his own education and childhood. Then find a quote that describes the worst part of what he is feeling now in his life on the boat.  Write out each quote.  Then, write a brief paragraph where you explain why you chose the quotes you chose and what you think they mean.  
  • Looking at Frankenstein’s description of his childhood find the quote that describes what you think is the best part of his childhood and education. Then find a passage that describes the worst part of what he is feeling now in hindsight looking back on his childhood.  Write out each quote.  Then, write a brief paragraph where you explain why you chose the quotes you chose and what you think they mean.  
  • Remember that we have a list of different elements of the gothic novel (Links to an external site.). Find a quote from the section of the reading due for this week that connects to an element of the gothic novel.  Write out the quote.  Then, identify the element of the gothic novel that the quote connects to and write a brief paragraph where you explain why you chose the quote and why you think the gothic element is important.
  • Find a quote from Frankenstein that connects to one of the readings we did in Unit 1 on the Enlightenment and the Struggle for Truth. Write out the quote.  Then write a brief paragraph in which you outline the connection between the quote and the reading/author from Unit 1.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Humanities 105 – The Human Struggle » Spring 2022 » Discussion