Showing up and shining!

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  CABOT 105 – Introduction to Office Correspondence  »  Discussion  »  Showing up and shining!

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Showing up and shining!

Question

First, please view Amy Cuddy’s 20 minute TED Talk. 

Ask yourself the questions below. Based on your responses to the questions, write one paragraph only (no more) that responds to one or more of the questions. Remember, only one paragraph: 4 – 6 sentences. Use grammatical construction in your paragraph to add clarity through the grammatically parallel ideas. (25 points) Initial post Friday at 11:59 p.m. 

Respond to 3 peers (15 points) by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. 

• What Key Concepts did Cuddy discuss?
  • What New Information did you gain as you build your Business English and Career Success Knowledge Base?
  • What was most helpful to you to become a better presenter? 

Reflect – Organize / Outline – Draft – Revise – Post

Writing is a process. Writers need to reflect on their information base and their interesting ideas. Then the good writers organize ideas in a logical flow that can be viewed in an outline format (or a cluster diagram). Skilled writers draft an initial message and set that aside. Perhaps 24 hours later, the writer returns to his or her written work and revises it to make sure it is clear, concise and complete. Only then does the writer post the work for others to read effortlessly with minimal misunderstanding (hopefully!)

The writing process gives 50% of the time to “reflecting on ideas, generating ideas, and then organizing those ideas”; and 25% of the time to writing, and 25% of the time revising. 

Due Date

Initial Discussion Post: Friday at 11:59 p.m. 

3 Replies: Sunday at 11:59 p.m. 

How Do I Reply to a Discussion as a Student?  (Links to an external site.)

How Do I View the Rubric for my Graded Discussion? 

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from CABOT 105 – Introduction to Office Correspondence » Spring 2022 » Discussion