Group Discussion: Forces of Evolution

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Anthropology 111 – Lab Human Biological Evolution  »  Discussion  »  Group Discussion: Forces of Evolution

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Group Discussion: Forces of Evolution

Question

Initial Post Due Date: Thursay 11:59 pm  |  Reply Post Due Date: Sunday 11:59 pm

Goal and Purpose

• To understand the different forces of evolution and how they effect species changing. 

Prompt

Choose ONE of the prompts below for your initial discussion post: 

1. Describe a hypothetical scenario of natural selection for a specific species trait.  Be sure to describe each of the key elements (such as how the trait varies in the population, how the traits factors into resource competition, and how the trait frequency changes over multiple generations).  
  2. Describe a hypothetical scenario of the founder effect for a specific species trait where substantial genetic variation is lost (causing a population bottleneck).  Be sure to describe each of the key elements (such as why the founder event occurs, why genetic information is lost, and how the trait frequency changes over multiple generations).  
  3. Describe a hypothetical scenario of gene flow for a specific species trait.  Be sure to describe each of the key elements (such as trait frequency in the two isolated populations prior to one flow occurring, why gene flow occurs, and the consequences of the gene flow in future generations).  

Initial Post

Organization:

• Please make sure that your responses are organized into complete sentences.  I recommend that you devote at least one full paragraph to answering each discussion prompt.
  • Your final post should be at least 300 words. 
  • You should exercise college-level writing skills with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. 
  • You should include reference to at least three academic resources throughout your initial post. 
  • I highly recommend that you first type out your response in a Microsoft Word document and run a spell and grammar check prior to submitting your final post.

Reply Posts

Once you have completed your post, you should respond to at least two other student’s posts.  Remember, please don’t simply say “I agree” or “I disagree.” Please provide thoughtful and detailed responses.  Feel free to ask follow-up questions to your peers to keep the discussion flowing and allow you to learn from each other.  You should also provide citations whenever referencing outside sources. Each peer response should be at least 100 words.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Anthropology 111 – Lab Human Biological Evolution » Spring 2022 » Discussion