Group Forum: Analysis Essay Review – Group #3

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  English 101 – Freshman English  »  Assignment  »  Group Forum: Analysis Essay Review – Group #3

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Group Forum: Analysis Essay Review – Group #3

Question

Use this guide sheet to respond to each of your fellow student’s essays.  Follow the instructions to make sure you provide a full review of the entire essay.  Here’s an example, based on the guide sheet, as to how you should respond to another student in the discussion board:

Erin, 

Here are my suggestions on your essay-

1. This looks okay, but you’re getting into too many details about other major academic challenges that students have had to deal with that aren’t quite related to the standardized test issue.  I think you’re supposed to stay entirely focused on this situation addressed in the article.
  2. I think you’re on the right track with your thesis, but it still seems a little too broad.  It’s not quite clear why you disagree with Cooper.  It seems like, from reading your whole essay, that you disagree with what he’s claiming about inequality and standardized testing, people, but this point of disagreement isn’t in your thesis.  You might want to think about revising and adhering to that primary claim.
  3. Body paragraph one:
  4. Yes, good point.
  5. Your paragraph adheres to the point nicely, but it’s rather short.
  6. I think the problem is you don’t have enough details.  You need some examples to illustrate what you mean.  If you include an example or two, with sufficient details, this would help develop and strengthen the paragraph, and the point.
  7. The first passage you cite works well here, but I think you should explain the connection to the point you are making more clearly.  I don’t know that you need the second passage from the article because it doesn’t seem to quite fit what you are asserting here.
  8. What you have here, aside from the second passage, seems coherent, but, as I said above, some examples would help develop it more fully.
  9. The examples would help fully explore the point you are making.

And so on for each body paragraph in the essay and number 4.  I want to see that you provide each other with some detailed observations of each other’s work.  The idea is to both help you understand how an effective analysis works and, of course, how to write an effective analysis essay yourself.  

Points for the review will be awarded on how well you respond as per this part of the assignment.  Remember to follow the guidelines as instructed and from my short example (your reviews will cover the entire essay) above. 

Begin by clicking on “Reply” below on the left, posting a simple comment like “Here’s my draft” and click on “Attach” in the lower left, where you will submit the draft you sent in through Canvas.  Once you read each other’s draft, post your comments based on the guide I gave you above, and hit “Post Reply.”

Remember, you need to post and respond to your fellow students by tomorrow night, Tuesday, by 11:59 p.m.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from English 101 – Freshman English » Spring 2022 » Assignment