Discussion 3 – Weather experiences

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Geog 001 – Physical Geography  »  Discussion  »  Discussion 3 – Weather experiences

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Discussion 3 – Weather experiences

Question

Hi all, 

During the first two modules you will get the chance to learn a lot about the atmosphere and the weather that we experience all over the world. In this post, please use your life experience and the information you gathered along the first 7 chapters to answer the following questions: 

1. What was the most serious weather event that you experienced (in your opinion), where did it happen, and why did this event stayed in your memory? 
  2. Because in the Los Angeles regions we do not get to experience very diverse weather, what would be a weather phenomenon that you are interested in and that you would like to experience, and why? 
  3. In your opinion, what would be the safest place to be during a tornado? How about during a hurricane? 

This discussion is meant to enhance the communication between you, your classmates, and the instructor. Please be respectful of others in your post, and make sure you check the comments after grading, as I will give you a bit of individual feedback. 

For your responses you can select either posts that you identify with (you shared a similar experience) or posts that are interesting to you. In your response share why you chose to reply to the post, what is your experience or interest in the particular event described in the post, and what is something you know about the event, or you would like to know more about. 

This is an example of a response post: Hi Jason, I found your experience with Hurricane Harvey fascinating. Although I have never experienced a tropical storm or hurricane, I have seen many images on the news and I find them to be so scary but interesting at the same time. I know that we already learned a bit about how the oceans absorb and hold more energy than land, which in turns fuels these large storms, and we also learned about the Coriolis force which makes the hurricane gain their typical shape, but I am hoping to learn more about specific weather conditions associated with hurricanes. I am also curious what other parts of the world experience this types of weather, and why we don’t get any in Southern California. 

Post requirements: 

• Your post: 150-200 words – 10 points for full credit, points will be deducted for short posts, or posts that do not address the prompt 
  • 2 responses – 50 words or more – 5 points each for full credit, points will be deducted for short responses, and no credit will be give for short responses such as “I agree” or “Me too” 
  • Due on 5/15 at midnight
  • You can create your post by creating a reply below, and your responses should use the reply button under the post you want to reply to. 

If you need help posting the discussion in Canvas, please consult the Canvas Student Guide (Links to an external site.) on this issue. 

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Geog 001 – Physical Geography » Spring 2022 » Discussion