Group Discussion: So Easy a Caveman Can do it?!?!

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Anthropology 111 – Lab Human Biological Evolution  »  Discussion  »  Group Discussion: So Easy a Caveman Can do it?!?!

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Group Discussion: So Easy a Caveman Can do it?!?!

Question

Initial Post Due Date: Thursday 11:59 pm  |  Reply Post Due Date: Sunday 11:50 pm

Goal and Purpose

• To breakdown stereotypes about the intelligence of Neanderthals Prompt

Before completing your discussion post, please make sure that you have completed the following:

1. Read Chapter in the manual
  2. Review this lecture; Neanderthal and Other Humans….Links to an external site. 
  3. Review this article; A Draft Sequence of the Neanderthal DNALinks to an external site.

Based upon the information provided in this week’s module (lecture, reading and film clips) describe at least three sources of evidence that Neanderthals are not dumb and brutish and are in fact an intelligent species capable of symbolic expression.

Initial Post

Organization:

• Please make sure that your responses are organized into complete sentences.  I recommend that you devote at least one full paragraph to answering each discussion prompt.
  • Your final post should be at least 300 words. 
  • You should exercise college-level writing skills with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. 
  • You should include reference to at least three academic resources throughout your initial post. 
  • I highly recommend that you first type out your response in a Microsoft Word document and run a spell and grammar check prior to submitting your final post.

Reply Posts

Once you have completed your post, you should respond to at least two other student’s posts.  Remember, please don’t simply say “I agree” or “I disagree.” Please provide thoughtful and detailed responses.  Feel free to ask follow-up questions to your peers to keep the discussion flowing and allow you to learn from each other.  You should also provide citations whenever referencing outside sources. Each peer response should be at least 100 words.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Anthropology 111 – Lab Human Biological Evolution » Spring 2022 » Discussion