Week 1 – Learning How to Effectively Watch Videos for Online Learning

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Chem 102 – General Chemistry II  »  Discussion  »  Week 1 – Learning How to Effectively Watch Videos for Online Learning

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Week 1 – Learning How to Effectively Watch Videos for Online Learning

Question

Learning How to Effectively Watch Videos for Learning

Since you are taking mostly online classes with many pre-record lecture videos, are you watching those videos?  If so, are you binge watching like your favorite Netflix drama series?  Or, are you taking frequent long breaks that don’t recall what you have watched previously?  Let’s watch a video about How to Effectively Watch Videos for Learning.  It’s still early of the semester, so you may be able to learn and apply some tips to enhance your learning for better grades this semester. 

Initial Post

1. Watch How to Effectively Watch Videos for Learning (4:47)

Respond to this discussion prompt by Tuesday 11:59 pm. Select the Reply box and write a paragraph for each of the following questions:

1. In the video, what are the 3 things that you should do BEFORE watching the video?
  2. In the video, what can we do (6) to minimize tech distractions?  what are some tips (~4) for the DAY OF taking a remote or online exam?
  3. In the video, what are the two things you should doing DURING the video? 
  4. Take 10 minutes break for every _________ minutes of videos you watch.  Personally, feel free to take more breaks if necessary for my Zoom lecture recording.  For my initial micro-lectures in Module 1a and Module 1b, you can take a break after every micro-lecture.
  5. In the video, research says it takes at least __________ before the content really sinks in. 
  6. Can you tell your classmates how to find my first 10 micro-lectures?  What’s about my recorded Zoom lectures on Canvas?  If you do not know, just say “I don’t know” and learn from your classmates.
  7. Have you watched my 10 micro-lectures in Chemical Equilibrium?
    1. If not, please do the following items in order:
      1. allocate time to finish watching the micro-lectures by the end of this week (the longest video is 12:41).
      2. download the skeletal notes
      3. watch the micro-lectures and complete the skeletal notes.          

Replies

By Friday night at 11:59 pm, please reply to at least two of our classmates’ posts with ideas or suggestions as feedback by doing one of the following: 

1. Provide specific feedback about your classmates’ plans to implement the techniques in this discussion.
  2. Ask a probing or clarifying question in response to one (or more) of your colleagues’ posts, or
  3. Describe a different technique that you have used.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Chem 102 – General Chemistry II » Spring 2022 » Discussion