Discussion: They Say/I Say 3

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  English 1C  »  Discussion  »  Discussion: They Say/I Say 3

No Answers We dont have answer to this question yet.  If you need help with your homework send us an email or chat with our tutors

Question

Please read Part 1: “They Say”: Starting With What Others Are Saying (pages 19 to 29 on the document and pages 48 to 58 on the PDF), and then answer the following questions below: 

1. When it comes to constructing an argument (which is what we are going to do in all of our essays), what advice does this section give us? Why do we have to start with “what others are saying”?

Fill in the following templates with whatever examples come to your mind. The point here is to start using these templates and practicing them in our writing to prepare us to use them in our essays. There are no right or wrong answers as long as you finish the sentences by filling in the blanks. Pick anything, any subject, idea, memory, argument, literally whatever comes to your mind. I’ll do the first template for you, for example:

2. It has become common today to dismiss_____________________.

Answer: It has become common today to dismiss boomers. 

3. Common sense seems to dictate that___________________. 

4. Many people assume that______________________________. 

5. Although I should know better by now, I cannot help thinking that____________________________. 

6. Although non of them have ever directly said so, my teachers give me the impression that __________________. 

7. When it comes to the topic of ______________________________, most of can generally agree that _________________________. 

We don’t have answer to this question yet.If you need help with your homework send us an email at or chat with our tutors
This question is taken from English 1C » Summer 2021 » Discussion