Fieldwork Plan Discussion Question

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Anthropology 001 – Introduction to Physical Anthropology  »  Discussions  »  Fieldwork Plan Discussion Question

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Question

I am planning on researching my own family’s health history because it is a great opportunity for me to have a greater understanding of my own family and since it also impacts me. I personally find this fieldwork very interesting. Since I have limited knowledge on my family’s health history, knowing my family health history can provide information regarding some risks of having certain conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure. Having a family gathering may be a great idea to talk about their health but since there is a pandemic, interviews via video calls will do. If someone in the older generation is deceased, I can ask other family members regarding their health history. 

In doing fieldwork, it is important to emphasize research ethics such as explaining one’s own research and getting informed consent. I will first explain the purpose of the fieldwork so that it is clear before they agree to participate. Maintaining privacy and confidentiality of information will also be tackled as part of research ethics because it protects them from any harm. The family’s privacy will be maintained by using pseudonyms or simply family terms if they do not want their names be used. 

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from Anthropology 001 – Introduction to Physical Anthropology » Summer 2021 » Discussions