Wk 1 Discussion – Leading, Managing, and Following Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Nursing 451 – Professional Nursing Leadership Perspectives  »  Discussions  »  Wk 1 Discussion – Leading, Managing, and Following  »  Wk 1 Discussion – Leading, Managing, and Following Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Wk 1 Discussion – Leading, Managing, and Following

Search the University Library or Google Scholar™ for definitions of the terms leading, managing, and following.

Interpret the definitions and, in your own words, explain how the terms are interconnected and how they often play out in a clinical nurse setting.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Wk 1 Discussion – Leading, Managing, and Following Answer

I read about Yoder-Wise’s book (2019) and it provided me substantial information about the differences between leading, managing, and following. I’ve encountered leading and managing terms before, but I think the author provided the clearest distinction between the two.

Leading is possessing traits and abilities and utilizing them to act on a certain unfamiliar challenging situation.

This question is taken from Nursing 451 – Professional Nursing Leadership Perspectives » Fall 2021 » Discussions