Week 2 Assignment: Employment Law Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  BUSAD 144 – Human Resources I  »  Assignments  »  Week 2 Assignment: Employment Law  »  Week 2 Assignment: Employment Law Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Week 2 Assignment: Employment Law

Part 1:

1. What is disparate impact and disparate treatment. Explain how they are different.
  2. What is the burden of proof?
  3. What is a BFOQ? 
  4. What is an essential job function?
  5. What is a reasonable accommodation?

Part 2: Select two employment laws (Links to an external site.) that went into effect in 2021 and write a summary paragraph summarizing the keep points of each law. 

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Week 2 Assignment: Employment Law Sample Answer

Suggested Answer

Part I

1. Disparate impact is unintentional discrimination while disparate treatment is intentional. Disparate impact happens due to existing policies, practices, and systems that appear to be neutral but adversely affects a protected group. It means that discrimination happens unknowingly unlike disparate treatment where there is intentional employment discrimination.
This question is taken from BUSAD 144 – Human Resources I » Spring 2021 » Assignments