Introductory Discussion Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Anthropology 101 – Human Biological Evolution  »  Discussions  »  Introductory Discussion  »  Introductory Discussion Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Introductory Discussion

1. Watch the film The Trouble with Cognitive Bias (Links to an external site.) by Learn Genetics. Give an example of cognitive bias you may have experienced recently.
  2. How do you think cognitive bias might influence someone’s acceptance of evolution or other scientific consensuses like human influenced climate change, a round earth, etc.?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Introductory Discussion Answer

After watching the film, I realized that I have had many cognitive biases throughout my life. One particular example that I recently experienced is the color I assign to genders, like blue for boys and pink for girls. This cognitive bias was revealed when my little cousin pointed to the top I am wearing and identified the blue deer as a boy and the pink one as a girl. I immediately agreed because the “boy deer” is color blue but she just looked at me and said, “No, because it has huge horns (antlers).

This question is taken from Anthropology 101 – Human Biological Evolution » Fall 2021 » Discussions