Discussion Board 8: Your Morality Your Morality – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Psychological Sciences 111D – Child Development  »  Discussions  »  Discussion Board 8: Your Morality Your Morality – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn  »  Discussion Board 8: Your Morality Your Morality – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Discussion Board 8: Your Morality Your Morality – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn

Think about how your morals developed from early in your life until today….

On this discussion board, write an original post in which you indicate which of the various theoretical approaches discussed in the text (i.e., behavioral, cognitive, personality, psychoanalytic, or social-cognitive) best describes the development of your moral compass. Support your answer with some examples from your past, if possible!

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Discussion Board 8: Your Morality Your Morality – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn Answer

Of the theories of moral development, I think that the social cognitive theory has greatest application in the way I have developed my moral compass. According to Albert Bandura, people develop certain moral standards. They assess a given situation, evaluate the possible consequences of an act and determine whether such consequences are opposed or in line with the self-imposed moral standards. If it is in line with their moral standards, they will do the act because it gives them self-worth. 

This question is taken from Psychological Sciences 111D – Child Development » Summer 2021 » Discussions