Discussion Board 7: Thinking about Gender Thinking about Gender – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Psychological Sciences 111D – Child Development  »  Discussions  »  Discussion Board 7: Thinking about Gender Thinking about Gender – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn  »  Discussion Board 7: Thinking about Gender Thinking about Gender – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Discussion Board 7: Thinking about Gender Thinking about Gender – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn

Spend some time thinking about how you might socialize your children to think about gender.

On this discussion board, write an original post in which you reflect on how you might parent your future children (or current children, if you are a parent) when considering issues related to gender. How attentive will you be (or are you currently) towards rearing your child to have traditionally masculine, feminine, or androgynous characteristics? Will you guide your child’s selection of clothes or toys, or will you allow them to freely select what interests them? How will you talk about the construct of gender with them?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Discussion Board 7: Thinking about Gender Thinking about Gender – Makeba Parramore Wilbourn Answer

I think that if I become a parent, I will be conscious not to impose any gender expectation upon my child. I will give him/her the independence which gender, gender identity and gender role that s/he wants to assume. I will do this by not telling my friends and relatives about his/her biological sex. I will just tell them that s/he is “Baby X”. by doing this, they will not form any expectation on him/her based on the prevailing gender role ideology.

This question is taken from Psychological Sciences 111D – Child Development » Summer 2021 » Discussions