Discussion: Motion with Constant and Varying Speed Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Physics 6 – General Physics I  »  Discussions  »  Discussion: Motion with Constant and Varying Speed  »  Discussion: Motion with Constant and Varying Speed Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Discussion: Motion with Constant and Varying Speed

Based on your observation of your own individual ticker tape, what type of motion created it?  Explain your conclusion by providing evidence.  Furthermore, based on your observation of the other ticker tape segments, is your conclusion about your own ticker tape sufficient to draw a conclusion about the entire motion that created the original larger tape from which yours was cut?  Explain your conclusion by providing evidence.  Lastly, suggest at least one method you might use to model the velocity of the original length of tape from which the various segments was cut.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Discussion: Motion with Constant and Varying Speed Answer

By looking at my ticker tape (Option G), I can conclude that the ticker tape creates a relatively uniform motion. This can be seen by the fact that each dot corresponds or is matched to one hash mark of the ruler. The distance between hash marks is 0.5cm, which means that the displacement between each dot is also 0.5cm. Although the other ticker tape segments have uniform dot intervals too, they do not correspond to the same ruler points as my ticker tape, or any other ticker tape.

This question is taken from Physics 6 – General Physics I » Fall 2021 » Discussions