Week 1: What Is Nursing Informatics? Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  NR 360 – Information Systems in Healthcare  »  Discussions  »  Week 1: What Is Nursing Informatics?  »  Week 1: What Is Nursing Informatics? Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Week 1: What Is Nursing Informatics?

Discuss ways that nursing informatics could be applied to all areas of professional nursing practice, including clinical practice, administration, education, and research. Provide examples of each. What do you see as the biggest significance of nursing informatics, and why?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Week 1: What Is Nursing Informatics? Answer

Answer

To the best of my knowledge I learned that nursing informatics does not involve informatics knowledge or nursing science. Nursing informatics can be defined as science, common sense, numeracy skills, based on my understanding of what I learned. Nursing informatics can be defined as science and practice of integrating nursing, and its information and knowledge, with the management of information and communication technologies to promotes families, and people. (IMIA Special Interest Group on Nursing Information, 2009).  

This question is taken from NR 360 – Information Systems in Healthcare » Fall 2021 » Discussions