Week 2: Database Search Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  NR 360 – Information Systems in Healthcare  »  Discussions  »  Week 2: Database Search  »  Week 2: Database Search Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Week 2: Database Search

Choose a topic related to health that has meaning to your personal health, interests, and well-being. This may be a disease, such as diabetes, or a healthy fitness activity.

Conduct a database search comparing one of the following database directories with Google Scholar.

• CINAHL and Google Scholar
  • PubMed and Google Scholar
  • CINHAL and PubMed

Explain how you were able to narrow down the number of article hits you had initially, and present within your post a summary of the credible article you chose as your resource. How do you know your article choice is credible? Which database do you prefer and why?

How will using a database search facilitate your:

• scholarly work;
  • nursing work (evidence-based practice); and
  • personal self-development?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Week 2: Database Search Answer

The health-related topic that I pick is about healthy fitness activity, which is Zumba Fitness. I chose Zumba Fitness because it is a fun exercise that involves dancing. Since this is a dancing exercise, the whole body is involved, and it is a total workout. Zumba fitness is what most of us need as we have sedentary lifestyles.

I made a database search with Zumba Fitness as the keyword in google scholar. It showed 10,700 results. I tried to search the keyword in PubMed, and it gave me 37 results. I narrowed down the results by searching Zumba fitness health benefits. When I changed the keywords, google scholar showed me 5,250 results, and PubMed showed 10 results.

This question is taken from NR 360 – Information Systems in Healthcare » Fall 2021 » Discussions