Module 2 Assignment – Flash Autohistoria-teoría Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Sociology 5833 – Gender and Sexualities  »  Discussions  »  Module 2 Assignment – Flash Autohistoria-teoría  »  Module 2 Assignment – Flash Autohistoria-teoría Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Module 2 Assignment – Flash Autohistoria-teoría

One of Gloria Anzaldúa’s many contributions to academia and the creation of knowledge is autohistoria-teoría, or a way of writing about identities through writing about the self. This practice is also seen in autoethnography and the concept of #OwnVoices in disability studies. For this module, I would like you to write a short autohistoria-teoría about a gendered experience you’ve had, and try to relate it to concepts outside of yourself.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Module 2 Assignment – Flash Autohistoria-teoría Answer

There is something inexplicably soothing about walking around Texas. The women, especially white women, can walk around freely without much thought about what they are wearing and how they are acting. Surely, there are social restrictions as to what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior. Nonetheless, women have immense freedom and power to be able to advance their careers and decide for themselves. As an immigrant who grew up in Iran, these experiences have never truly resonated with me. To an extent, it is why I was astonished by the behavior of women in the United States

This question is taken from Sociology 5833 – Gender and Sexualities » Fall 2021 » Discussions