Blog 5: Everyday Sociology Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Soc 101 – Introduction to Sociology  »  Blog  »  Blog 5: Everyday Sociology  »  Blog 5: Everyday Sociology Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Blog 5: Everyday Sociology

We all like to believe that others have no effect on us, but sociological and psychological research has shown us over and over again that others have a profound effect on our behavior. Think about your own social groups. How have your friends, co-workers, peers, or family ties influenced your behavior or your choices? Give a few examples.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Blog 5: Everyday Sociology Answer

My family ties as well as my friends have influenced my behavior or my choices. On the positive side, my family largely shaped me into who I am now. They taught me what is considered right and what is considered wrong. They taught me to be respectful and to abide by the law. Nonetheless, up until now, my family has still had some influences on my choices in life. They had influences over the course that I took. Sometimes they would comment on my choices of clothing so I had to change them at times. 

This question is taken from Soc 101 – Introduction to Sociology » Fall 2021 » Blog