Threaded Discussion #3: My Antonia Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  English 102 – College Reading and Composition 2  »  Discussions  »  Threaded Discussion #3: My Antonia  »  Threaded Discussion #3: My Antonia Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Threaded Discussion #3: My Antonia

Based on the book’s title (My Antonia), we know from the narrative is predominantly Jim’s version of events.

Do you feel that Jim is a reliable or unreliable narrator?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Threaded Discussion #3: My Antonia Answer

Based on how Jim is a leisure thinker and is educated, I can say that he is a reliable narrator only that his views give more life to the characters than what really happened. For instance, his offense against the Shimerdas for being ungrateful for their neighbor’s help is only a view that Jim has about the event, and does not provide an explanation on why Mrs. Shimerda felt that she was cheated from the milking cow, or why Antonia feels proud to not attend school and to work on the farm. 

This question is taken from English 102 – College Reading and Composition 2 » Fall 2021 » Discussions