Wk 3 Discussion – Ethical Issues Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Nursing 426 – Integrity in Practice: Ethic and Legal Considerations  »  Discussions  »  Wk 3 Discussion – Ethical Issues  »  Wk 3 Discussion – Ethical Issues Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Wk 3 Discussion – Ethical Issues

Nurses face ethical situations every day. Currently, the ANA has a list of ethics resources pertaining to t following topics:

• Social justice
  • Moral courage, distress, and resilience
  • End-of-life issues
  • Caregiving
  • Bioethics

Respond to the following:

Think about ethical situations you have experienced in practice.

Write a summary of your experiences, and explain how the situation was resolved or ended.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Wk 3 Discussion – Ethical Issues Answer

I once took care of a 64-year-old female who have colorectal cancer Stage 3 and was about to undergo surgery. I had this surgeon in the team who is responsible for providing all information about the surgery that the patient needs to know. He is an experienced doctor who just comes by in the unit and performs his rounds quickly. He does not engage in a conversation with a patient unless it is deemed necessary for assessment.

I came as a witness when he needed to get the patient’s informed consent.

This question is taken from Nursing 426 – Integrity in Practice: Ethic and Legal Considerations » Fall 2021 » Discussions