Human genome sequencing Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Biology 003 – Introduction to Biology  »  Discussions  »  Human genome sequencing  »  Human genome sequencing Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Human genome sequencing

Human genome sequencing has rapidly grown to the point where we can how have our pets, dogs for example, genome sequenced and determine the exact breed or potential lineage. For humans, we can have our genome partially sequenced and unlock information regarding our past ancestry. These some fun, well intended uses, of genome sequencing, but could your genome be utilized against you?

So what are the implications for humans? Sequencing your genome will provide important yet personal information. You can use this information to take preventive or proactive measures to improve your personal health and ultimately quality of life.  On the other side, each person’s genome could be utilized to socially discriminate.

• If presented with the opportunity, would you have your genome sequenced? Why or why not. (2pts)
  • Assuming you did have your genome sequenced, would you feel comfortable sharing your information? (2pts)

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Human genome sequencing Answer

If i was presented with opportunity I defiantly would have my genome sequenced. The reason I would do such things because it will allow me to get more information about my health.

This question is taken from Biology 003 – Introduction to Biology » Fall 2021 » Discussions