Assignment 19: Workshop Journal Refelction Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Dance 102 – Middle Eastern Dance History  »  Essays  »  Assignment 19: Workshop Journal Refelction  »  Assignment 19: Workshop Journal Refelction Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Assignment 19: Workshop Journal Refelction

Here are some questions to consider:

1. Did your experience of the dances match your expectations?
  2. Did your experience of the dances align with the meanings that dance holds in its culture (what we learned about the dance in class)?
  3. Did your experience of the dance teach you something about the dances that you never considered before?
  4. Has the experience of this workshop given you more insight as to the idea that the body contains its own kind of knowledge from which we can learn?

You may choose one question and go in depth, or answer a few or all of them.  What I am looking for is your thought process in integrating the experience of the workshop into concepts we have learned in class. You may add anything that you think is of value as well.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Assignment 19: Workshop Journal Refelction Answer 

The workshop was a liberating experience. I am not a dancer at all, I am a bit shy about my body movement before the workshop. I was very self-conscious but I tried the workshop because I was interested. The workshop in itself matched my expectations. As I learn from the workshop and as I try to apply it on my body movement, I have gained a bit of confidence. I felt as though my body was made for the movement itself, and it was felt very natural for me. It made me feel as though my body can move freely with what I have learned from the workshop, thus it exceeded my expectations.

This question is taken from Dance 102 – Middle Eastern Dance History » Fall 2021 » Essays