Week 3 Discussion Question Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Philos 001 – Introduction to Philosophy  »  Discussion  »  Week 3 Discussion Question  »  Week 3 Discussion Question Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

Which argument for or against the existence of God do you find most compelling?  Why do you feel this way?

Please remember that you are required to submit two posts to this forum: one post answering the question and one post responding to the post of another student in the class.

Need help with your discussion preparation?

The most compelling argument is John Hick’s because of how he allowed evil to exist so that God can be proven to exist. For him, the ultimate answer to the problem of evil is that moral evil is relative to the problem of free will, thus, the mystery continues to be what it is. Also, he described that in ethics, the existence of a nonmoral evil can be answered if it has positive benefits in the future. I think I feel compelled by this because at first, I want to refute it but as I read through the argument, 

This question is taken from Philos 001 – Introduction to Philosophy » Winter 2022 » Discussion