Alternate Discussion for Check-in if you didn’t attend the 3/1 or 3/2 Zoom Check-ins Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  Child Development 140 – Principles and Practices of Teaching  »  Discussion  »  Alternate Discussion for Check-in if you didn’t attend the 3/1 or 3/2 Zoom Check-ins  »  Alternate Discussion for Check-in if you didn’t attend the 3/1 or 3/2 Zoom Check-ins Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

I’m sorry you weren’t able to join us at the Zoom check-in. This article (Links to an external site.) from Harvard University really encompasses a lot of what we discussed.

Please respond to the following:

• How would you define free play? Please use your own words here – no quotes.  

Your play from childhood:

•  What are your memories of play from childhood?  
  • How did it benefit you?  
  • Why might children be playing less today than even ten years ago?  
  • Are they really playing less? 

Read at least two of your classmates’ posts.

• Can you connect to what they played as children?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Hi class,

Here are my answers to the questions:

• How would you define free play? Please use your own words here – no quotes.  

I would define free play as an activity a child does when left alone (or at least without the constant supervision of a guardian). Free play happens when children are given a

This question is taken from Child Development 140 – Principles and Practices of Teaching » Spring 2022 » Discussion