Discussion 1 Answer

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  FCS 340 – Marriage and Family Relations  »  Discussions  »  Discussion 1  »  Discussion 1 Sample Answers

We are showing you only the excerpt of our answer. If you need help with the complete answer email us at

1a. Choose one of the 8 theoretical perspectives on the families, and explain how you might use it to understand something about life in your own family, using at least 2 concepts (define and explain, then apply).

1b. Do you want your family life to be similar to or different from that of your parents? In what ways?

Need help with your discussion preparation?

Discussion 1 Answer

1a. In the Family Development Perspective, each member of the family takes on a role or a function that is different from one stage to another. From being a couple without children to having one and another, all the way to retirement or death of one or both spouses. People learn and grow as they transition to a new stage. 

1b. I want my family to be similar to the one I had in a sense that I also want my children to preserve our culture in them. Even if we live in a different country, I want them to incorporate that in their identity because it is one treasure that we cannot buy for them. I also admire the idea of praying and eating together because I genuinely think that it gives children a sense of security and belonging.

This question is taken from FCS 340 – Marriage and Family Relations » Fall 2020 » Discussions