Final Discussion

Navigation   » List of Schools, Subjects, and Courses  »  English 102 – Critical Thinking/Lit  »  Discussions  »  Final Discussion

With Answers  Good news! We are showing you only an excerpt of our suggested answer to this question.  Should you need our help in customizing an answer to this question, feel free to send us an email at or chat with our customer service representative.

Final Discussion

Question

Final Discussion

For the final discussion please tell me what was the most inspiring thing you read this semester – what author or lecture or writing moved you the most and why?  Tell me about your experience in the class – was a positive one?  what could have been better?  Dive in!

As educated minds, you have a responsibility to share your knowledge with others and also gain the humility to know that none of us know everything there is to know.  A mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open.

It is easy to be cynical; it often seems cooler to jump to the negative.  Optimism should never be confused with naivete.  It takes work to always look at the half-filled glass as opposed to the half-empty one, but if all reality is subjective what other way is there? 

And lastly – Remember: everything you will ever need in life you already have.

A man walks down the street and come upon a beggar who asks the man for money.  The man notices the beggar is sitting on a trunk.  “What is in the trunk?” asks the man.  “Don’t know, I been sitting here for years and I never looked inside.”  “Why don’t you?”  The beggar opens the trunk and sees it is filled with gold.

A construction worker complains everyday when he opens his lunch bucket.  “Not bologna again, I hate bologna!”  One day his co-worker says to him, “Why don’t you ask your wife to make you something different?  And he says, “Oh, I’m not married, I make my own lunch.”

Need help with your discussion preparation?

This question is taken from English 102 – Critical Thinking/Lit » Summer 2021 » Discussions